Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Best of both worlds

I'm back! After taking some time off, I have another wonderful class in full swing. Although I haven't read this book, I plan to soon. Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds is written by Cynthia Gabriel, who is a medical anthropologist, doula, and mother of three. Since most Bradley couples tend to choose to have their birth in a hospital setting, it would be very applicable for my students (and me)! Dr. Bradley himself recommended birth in a hospital setting, due to the irreducible risk involved in the healthiest, most natural of births, even though the rates of medicated and/or C-section in his own personal practice were about 3%. At any rate, check it out yourself or you can wait till after I read it and put it in my library. I'll let you know what I think!

And if you're wondering, yep, I'm preggers again! Now 17 weeks along, I'm just due just after most of my current students, and will be even with many of my students in my upcoming class. :) So far I've had two natural births in a hospital setting... that is the plan for the third, coming in January 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment